I want all tickets with no response from agents to assign back to the general group after 12 hours so that other agents can respond to it. How do I reassign a ticket back to the general group after a set time?
If your agents set the ticket status to pending after a response, the ticket changes to open status when an end user responds back. Because of the time condition, you can use Automation to create a rule that sends the ticket back to the group when it is on open status.
Your setting should be set to allow ticket assignment back to a group.
To create the Automation
- Click the Admin icon ( ) in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Automations.
- On the top right of the page, select Add Automation.
- Add the following conditions under Meet all of the following conditions:
- Ticket: Hours since open| Calendar (greater than) | 12
- Ticket: Assignee | is NOT | -
- Ticket: Group |is|(Ticket group)
Under Actions, select:
- Assignee | (-).
- Ticket: Group |(Ticket group)
- Click Submit.