This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. It includes the following sections:
- Zendesk Answer Bot
- Zendesk Chat
- Zendesk Explore
- Zendesk Gather
- Zendesk Guide
- Zendesk Marketplace
- Zendesk Sell
- Zendesk Sunshine
- Zendesk Sunshine Conversations
- Zendesk Support
- Zendesk Talk
Zendesk Answer Bot
- Answer Bot extends support for 11 languages including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
- Improved Reporting in Explore provides a revamped Explore dashboard for Answer Bot. It also includes metrics and reporting for Answer Bot across channels.
- Private and public apps can be installed for Chat standalone accounts.
- A new training program is available to become a certified Zendesk Chat Specialist.
- Tag reporting enhancements (Professional plan) provides an “INCLUDES_ALL” function to report on tickets that contain all specified tags, and “INCLUDES_ANY” function to report on tickets with any specified tags.
- Aggregation Level Functions EAP (Professional plan) enables metrics to be displayed in relation to different aggregation levels. More meaningful, contextual insights can be created with the new "ATTRIBUTE_FIX" and "ATTRIBUTE_ADD" analytics functions.
- Query management updates (Professional plan) adds the ability to more efficiently organize your queries and to save them as favourites.
- Dataset updates for Answer Bot to help you further expand your analyses and uncover insights.
- Improved large query performance EAP (Professional plan) increases the row limits for exported reports to 500,000 records. Additionally, when a visualization becomes too large, Explore automatically displays it as a table.
- Zendesk Gather: Badges EAP (Gather Legacy and Professional only) provides the ability for agents to award badges to users in your community.
- Moderation Queue API provides actions to be performed on moderation queue data.
- Scheduled Unpublishing (Enterprise plan only) lets you set a future date to unpublish an article.
- Content blocks EAP (Enterprise plan only) allows you to create and manage content blocks which can be inserted into articles across multiple Help Centers.
The following apps were added to Zendesk Marketplace:
- Recurly for Support app integrates Recurly, a subscription management platform with Support. It displays the customer subscription details in Support, and provides the ability to manage subscriptions.
- Skedulo Mobile Workforce Management app integrates Skedulo with Support providing management of remote workers, employee scheduling and job management, and communication between customers, schedulers, and teams in the field.
- Zoom app enables Zoom meetings to be scheduled and launched in a Zendesk Support ticket, meeting recordings and information can be added as private comments to a ticket, and meeting recordings can be viewed in the browser.
- Conference Calling EAP (Enterprise and Elite plans) provides the ability to add a person to a Sell Voice call, put customers on hold, leave a call early, and view call logs and recordings.
- Redesigned the Sell mobile app for iPad.
- Custom Objects API: Relationship Based Access Controls EAP allows more control to an agent or customer’s relationship to their custom object.
- Custom Objects API: Role Based Access Controls provide expanded permissions for agents and end users. Admins can set any combination of create, read, update, and delete permissions by object or relationship.
- Sunshine Workflows API with Profiles and Events EAP (Sunshine Professional plan)
- Search and Query API for Custom Objects API (Support Enterprise plan) provides the ability to search, filter, and sort custom objects based on their attributes.
Zendesk Sunshine Conversations
- Apple Business Chat for Sunshine Conversations enables you to reach customers to be on any Apple device.
- Multiparty Conversations (Sunshine Conversations Enterprise plan) lets you connect multiple users from both outside and inside an organization into a single conversation.
- Notifications API introduces the ability to send bulk outbound messaging by SMS or WhatsApp to customers.
- Updates to the Agent Workspace providing an improved conversational experience. This includes channel-switching within the omnichannel composer letting you perform several tasks in one place, such as sending an email while chatting to a customer, or taking internal notes when chatting to a customer.
- Side Conversations: Public API provides the same functionality as the Side Conversations interface. It also includes an incremental export endpoint to export side conversation data for analysis or archiving.
- Side Conversations: Child ticket EAP introduces a feature to create side conversations with groups or agents in Support through a child ticket assigned to them.
- Side Conversations: Search EAP adds a tab in the Support search results page to search for side conservation information.
- Side Conversations: Follow-up tickets EAP provides the ability for agents to create follow-up tickets to side conversations when the original ticket is closed.
- Side Conversations: Creation Role Permissions EAP controls an agent’s ability to create and reply to side conversations through role permissions.
- Skills-based routing EAP fixes several known issues with skills-based routing.
- Delimiter Removal LA gives you the ability to disable the delimiter line from email notifications.
- Multiple group views feature enables you to create a view and share it with multiple groups of agents.
- Zendesk for Internal Teams is a special offer for the Zendesk Support Suite and Remote Support Bundle during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Call Quality Notifications (Talk Professional and Enterprise plans) provides notifications in the Talk console when there is a drop in call audio or network quality.