This article provides a roundup of the new features in Zendesk this quarter. It includes the following sections:
Zendesk Support Suite
- Agent workspace includes a redesigned conversation header to enable you to quickly view that status of a conversation, filter conversations by type, and switch easily between ticket conversations and events.
- You can enable the Zendesk Agent Workspace on any multiple-product account that includes both Support and Chat.
- Agent workspace supports fully-integrated social messaging configured through Admin Center. Channels supported include WhatsApp, WeChat, and LINE. Twitter and Facebook are also supported.
- Agent Workspace includes a new ticket tabs interface to help agents move easily between many types of conversations (chats, phone, email, and social messages).
- Agent workspace includes support for enabling secure chat attachments. The name of the Attachments setting for private attachments in Admin > Settings > Tickets has changed from to Require authentication to download to Enable secure downloads.
- Additional security for your account: Enhanced Disaster Recovery and Advanced Compliance. These add-ons are a replacement for the combined Advanced Security add-on and can be purchased separately.
- Audit log for Support Enterprise customers includes a new Admin Center interface that allows you to download and email log entries in CSV format. Audit log now tracks successful user sign ins.
- Delimiter removal for email—You can now remove delimiter (the ### Please type your reply above this line ### portion of email notifications), to create a better email experience for your customers.
- Social messaging add-on now available for Support Team—The Social Messaging add-on for Support enables businesses to effortlessly use popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, WeChat or Facebook Messenger. To make it easier for businesses to engage with their customers in this changing environment, we've expanded the availability of the Social Messaging add-on to Support Team as well.
- Coming soon! Side conversations search—Retrieve valuable ticket data easily by searching through side conversations. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! Follow-up tickets for side conversations—Maintain seamless collaboration by creating a follow-up ticket when a side conversation within a closed ticket receives a reply. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! Side conversations creation role permissions (Enterprise plan only)—If you have an Enterprise account and the Collaboration add-on, you can prevent agents with custom roles from starting and replying to side conversations. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! Premium Sandbox: Available as a Support Suite add-on, the Premium Sandbox interface has been enhanced to provide an easy way to manage your sandboxes in Admin Center. You can add, delete, and update sandboxes quickly, all without needing Zendesk Customer Support.
- Coming soon! Standard Sandbox: The Sandbox interface in Enterprise accounts has been moved to Admin Center to provide a smoother experience for managing and interacting with your sandbox.
- Coming soon! Admin Center Staff Profile—Manage all your staff roles and product access from one central location in Admin Center. You no longer need to move between Zendesk products. Instead, you have a single, centralized view.
- Coming soon! Skills-based routing—Fixes to several known issues with skills-based routing. Check out the EAP here.
- Light agent permissions—Guide admins can now assign management permissions to light agents across all Guide plans.
- Coming soon! Federated search—Federated search allows companies to extend their Help Center search to external (non-Guide) knowledge bases via API. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! User segments: selecting specific users—Configure more flexible user segments with the ability to select specific users to be added to a segment without the need to select them via a tag or group. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! Content blocks (Enterprise plan only) enable customers to create, manage and update content that lives in multiple places. Check out the EAP here.
- Coming soon! User badges—Boost community engagement by rewarding users for hitting milestones or participating in specific ways. Check out the EAP here.
- Chat SDK v2—Now available: New versions of the Chat SDK v2 for both iOS and Android with a bunch of great updates including dark mode, support for quick responses and support for multiple app pushes.
- Sales engagement automation—With new sales engagement automation tools, reps can schedule a series of personalized emails to easily engage and qualify leads. See Setting up email sequences in Sell.
- Coming soon! Voicemail—Allow reps to fully customize their voicemail inbox and create personal greetings. Check out the EAP here.
- Shared email templates are here!—Keep your team on message and reduce time drafting emails with shared email templates. See: Creating and editing email templates.
- Coming soon! Conference calling—Loop in key stakeholders on sales calls or transfer customers smoothly to other departments for quick help. Check out the EAP here.
- Roles and actions permissions—Foster collaboration on your team without compromising data integrity or user privacy. Define custom roles within your team and assign specific permissions for viewing, creating, and managing user records. Check out the EAP here.
- Tag Reporting Enhancements—Use the "INCLUDES" analytics function in calculated metrics and attributes to easily report on tags for tickets, articles, calls, and more. See Reporting with tags.
- Coming soon! Aggregation level functions—Display metrics in relation to different aggregation levels and create more meaningful, contextual insights with the new "ATTRIBUTE_FIX" and "ATTRIBUTE_ADD" analytics functions. Check out the EAP here.
- Query Favorites & other improvements—We’ve added a number of new capabilities to the queries library like seeing only your own queries, or marking queries as favorites. For more information, see Working with queries.
- Answer Bot dataset updates—We’ve added a bunch of new metrics to help you more deeply analyze your Answer Bot activity. See Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Guide.
- Talk dataset updates—We’ve released a new version of the Explore Talk dataset and pre-built dashboard to help organizations better manage their voice channel. This update includes team performance analysis, granular call type reporting, wider IVR overview, drill-downs into call quality, and recording statistics. See Announcing improved Talk reporting in Explore.
- Call Quality notifications and reporting—Enable agents to monitor Talk network and audio issues in real-time. You can also generate call quality reports in Explore and by using the Zendesk API. See Reporting on Talk network and audio quality.
- Relationship-based access controls for custom objects—Manage access controls based upon relationships to the custom object. This enhancement will allow you more granular control specific to an agent or customer's relationship to their custom objects. This could allow you to expose certain custom objects to your customer, or restrict them from agents based upon your criteria.
- Coming soon! More Zendesk events via the Sunshine Guide Events app—Give your agents near real-time visibility into customer interactions from the web widget, like website visited, as well as mobile SDK events like Help Center articles viewed or searched for. Check out the EAP here.
Zendesk Sunshine Conversations
- Multiparty conversations—Multiparty conversations by Sunshine Conversations allows for businesses to pull everyone into a single conversation. Whether it's connecting buyers and sellers on a marketplace, allowing for external teams to collaborate, or helping build customer engagement, multiparty conversations help boost customer satisfaction and drive agent productivity.