When I attempt to do a bulk import of users with a CSV file, I receive an error that states Failed to process row. Import aborted and/or Column 'user_id' cannot be null.
These errors occur because of an issue with the formatting of the CSV file. To ensure that you are formatting the file correctly, review the guidelines in this document: Bulk importing users.
See these troubleshooting tips:
- Verify that there are not multiple columns for the user's name (do not separate into first and last name).
- Custom user fields have to be added to Zendesk before you can import values for them.
- Phone numbers must be in the correct format.
- Verify that all users have an email address associated with them.
- Ensure that the email address is in the correct format (firstname.lastname@example.org).