Zendesk will perform critical maintenance on our Chat-services database on Sunday, October 18, 2020, from 3:00 AM UTC to 3:45 AM UTC.
October 18, 2020 UTC / October 17, 2020 PDT
03:00 UTC / 20:00 PDT
03:45 UTC / 20:45 PDT
Customers Affected: All Zendesk customers subscribed to Chat service
Affected products: Chat
During the maintenance window
- New Zendesk Chat accounts cannot be created. For Suite trials, Chat will not be activated during the window.
- Agents can save completed chats, but it will not appear in the chat history. All completed chats will be restored in the chat history after the culmination of the window.
- No new logins for agents on the dashboard and agent mobile apps, existing agent connections will not have any impact.
- Agents logged-in before the start of maintenance can pick new chats created during the maintenance. The chat history will show up only after the maintenance ends.
- Chat admin functionality will not work.
- Existing chat communications for accounts on Zendesk Chat will continue to work without any disruptions.
- No impact to Chat widgets, Web SDK, and mobile SDKs. Visitors should be able to see the Chat widgets as usual.
- Accounts would not be able to opt-into Agent Workspace during this window.
- Existing chat communications for accounts using Agent Workspace will continue to work without any disruptions.
- Transcripts will continue to get populated in tickets for accounts on Agent Workspace.
After the maintenance window
- All Chat and Agent Workspace functionality will be restored to normal.
Why are we doing this maintenance window?
- To improve the performance and reliability of Chat infrastructure, the database servers will be upgraded
- If any issues are identified while upgrading the servers on the day, the process will halt and the Chat services will be brought back. We will continue to fix the issue internally and will do the remaining upgrades during a later scheduled maintenance window.