In Understanding Talk Embedded voice, you learned the basics about how Talk digital lines can help you improve the experience for your customers, wherever they are.
In this article, you’ll learn how to set up a new digital line and where to find the information you’ll need to integrate a call button in either your mobile app or the Zendesk Web Widget that uses the digital line you've set up. If you're looking for information about how to add a Talk phone number, see Adding Talk phone numbers.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a digital line
In this section, you’ll learn how to set up and configure a digital line.
To add a digital line
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Talk.
- On the Talk settings page, click the Lines tab. On the Lines tab you can review your existing phone numbers and digital lines and add new lines. On the Lines page, click Add Line > Add digital line.
- On the Settings tab for your new digital line, configure the following setting:
- Nickname: Enter a unique name for the digital line. You'll need this to identify the line in reports, integrate it with your apps, and to let your agents know the digital line they are being called from.
On each tab of the number settings page, configure the settings you want using the following articles as a reference:
- General Settings tab: See Managing Talk number settings.
- Voicemail tab: See Configuring voicemail options.
- Routing tab: See Routing incoming calls to groups of agents.
- Overflow tab: See Managing overflow calls and after-hours routing.
- Call recording tab: See Managing call recording options in Talk.
Note: Not all of the available settings will be available for your digital line.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Your digital line is now set up. Next, you’ll learn about resources to help you integrate a call button that uses a digital line into your apps or the Web Widget.
Configuring a call button
Now that you've set up your digital line, you can go ahead and configure a call button for your mobile app or the Web Widget. For more information see the following articles: