Is there a way to manage referral attribution in Sell? How can I look up who referred an account in Sell?
Use a combination of the Source field, custom fields, and the API (optional) to create a workflow that tracks referrers in Sell. If you begin tracking referrals at the lead level, create a lead custom field that transfers to contacts and deals. See the setup below:
- Customize the Source field to include a referral option.
- Create a lead custom field that transfers to people contacts, company contacts, and deals upon conversion.
- Field Label: Enter a name for your label.
- Field Type: Choose Single Line Text from the drop-down menu.
- Select the check box for each of the following:
- Filterable if you want to be able to filter this field in a smart list.
- Value editable only by admin if you want an extra level of security by making this field to be only editable by admins.
- Upon conversion transfer to deal.
- Upon conversion transfer to person.
- Upon conversion transfer to company.
- (Optional) If you are familiar with Sell's API, use custom code to automatically update the referral field when the lead is created from your referral software.
The following screenshot shows how to report on referrals in a smart list with Source and Referral columns: