We’re happy to announce the release of roles and advanced permissions in Sell for Enterprise and Elite customers. This release is accompanied by a new read-only user permissions setting that is also available on the Team and Professional plans in Sell.
This article includes the following sections:
- Enhancing, expediting, and extending user management with roles
- Flexibility in defining permissions in Sell
- What happens now?
Enhancing, expediting, and extending user management with roles
People in the same sales role oftentimes have the same responsibilities and use Zendesk Sell in a similar way. So, why configure each and every salesperson one at a time when you can do it all at once? We're introducing user roles to help you manage who can do what in the system in a consistent way, and to automate Sell configuration for users based on their role.
- Admins can set up user roles on your Sell account.
- You can define what type of records (i.e. leads, contacts, or deals), each role is permitted to access, as well as the type of actions that users in that role can perform to those records in Sell.
- You can also assign roles to users on your account, thereby giving them permissions based on their role.
Roles are available for Sell customers on Enterprise and Elite plans.
Flexibility in defining permissions in Sell
Data about your leads, contacts, and deals is one of the most valuable assets in any sales organization. Protecting it sometimes even requires limiting access for your own employees. Zendesk Sell now comes with a range of permissions settings that enable you to control precisely who can do what with your precious data.
Previously in Sell, anyone who could access the record of a lead, contact, or deal, could it and they could also reassign and delete their own records. Now we are delighted to introduce action permissions to help you control exactly who can do what. For example, you can now decide whether you want to:
- Give view-only access to records of other team members, (without the ability to modify them).
- Block users from deleting records, (including their own).
- Block users from reassigning ownership of records, (including their own).
- Block users from creating new records altogether.
Moreover, admins can define permissions separately for each record type, (leads, contacts, and deals), depending on which plan you're subscribed to:
- On the Enterprise and Elite plans, admins now have granular control over who can view, update, reassign ownership, or delete permissions for a user and for a role.
- On the Team and Professional plans, admins can now restrict users from editing records that they don’t own, whilst still allowing them to view them. Admins can now also give a user access to all of the leads or deals records of the account, without having to give them full access to all of the records of the account.
So, what happens now?
The impact of these changes differs depending on which plan you are subscribed to.
For Sell customers on Enterprise and Elite plans
For Sell customers on Team and Professional plans
When adding a new user or editing an existing user, you can now extend their limited access to view leads, contacts or deals of other users without giving them full access to modify those records. Learn more in Editing user access permissions in Sell.
To enable advanced permissions with user roles, upgrade your Sell account to Enterprise or Elite plan.