How do I download the notes on a deal? How can I tell what notes were left on specific deals?
Does the column of notable_id in my Notes.CSV file match the deal id in my account?
Exporting notes associated with deals in your Sell account is a multi-step process. Identify notes left on deals by matching the unique Sell IDs.
- An admin on the account must complete a full account export.
- Download the .zip file and open the Notes.csv and Deals.csv CSV files.
The Notes.csv file will include all notes associated with deals but also leads and contacts.
The Deals.csv file includes the deal id and all custom field information about deals in the account.
- In the Notes.csv file, determine which notes were left on deals specifically by using the column notable_type and filtering for only rows listed as Deal.
- Locate the column of the Notes.csv file titled notable_id. The IDs in the column notable_id should all correspond to an existing deal ID.
- Search for deal-associated notes by matching data in the notable_id column of your Notes.csv file with the data in the deal id column of the Deal.csv file.