Zendesk launched a new Slack for Zendesk integration to replace the legacy integration beginning the week of August 9, 2021.
The new version of the Slack for Zendesk integration will be automatically installed to all Slack workspaces currently using the legacy integration, while simultaneously uninstalling the legacy integration.
- Integration channel membership and settings will be preserved.
- The new integration will not receive any additional permissions on your workspace, and your existing notifications and settings from the legacy integration will transfer over to the new integration.
- A new Zendesk bot user will be added to any public and private channels the legacy integration currently has access to. Based on your legacy integration settings, this may mean that the new Zendesk bot user is added to every public channel in your workspace.
- The legacy integration will be automatically uninstalled from your workspace after the installation is complete.
What do I need to do?
No action is needed. The new integration will be automatically installed.
If you prefer not to automatically receive the update, you can opt out by uninstalling the legacy integration before August 9, 2021.
- In a browser, go to https://<your-subdomain>.slack.com/apps/A9WFQ3M0B-zendesk.
- Click Settings > Workspace access > Uninstall.
What action do I need to take?
No action is required. The migration of your Slack for Zendesk integration will happen automatically.
When will the migration take place?
The migration will begin August 9, with all legacy integrations migrated by August 22, 2021.
Will there be any changes to my configuration?
No. All of your integration settings will be migrated.
Will there be any new features released with the update?
There will be no new features as part of the migration, but we’re working on lots of new features for the Slack for Zendesk integration throughout 2021.
How do I check which channels Zendesk will migrate?
The new Slack for Zendesk integration will be installed on all channels which the Slack for Zendesk (Legacy) integration currently has access to. You can only check and change permissions of the legacy integration before migration occurs.
To check the permissions of the Zendesk (Legacy) integration
- In the Slack sidebar, right-click on the Zendesk (Legacy) app entry, and select Configuration.
- On the apps page, click Settings > Channel access.
If All public channels is selected, then the new Zendesk integration will be added to all public channels, except those which are excluded. Otherwise the new Zendesk integration will only be added to the channels to which it has been individually added to.
How do I opt out?
If you don’t want your integration migrated you need to uninstall the Slack for Zendesk integration from your Slack account before August 9, 2021.
Can I add new channels to the integration after the migration?
After the migration you will need to manually add new channels to your integration.
- In Slack, browse to the public or private channel to which you want to add the Zendesk integration.
- In the message bar, enter
/invite @Zendesk, and then press return.
- Follow the prompts to complete channel configuration.
I can’t find the /zendesk command in the shortcuts menu - what do I do?
Please try reloading your Slack integration by pressing Ctrl + R or ⌘ + R (Mac). If the issue persists, please contact support.
What if I have trouble with my integration after the migration?
For information about support options, see Contacting Zendesk Customer Support.