|Announced on||Rollout starts||Rollout ends|
|Nov 1, 2021||Nov 1, 2021||Nov 10, 2021|
We’re excited to announce support for color text in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. This feature enables you to create color text in ticket comments or copy color text from other sources and include it in ticket comments.
What's changing and why?
The new color picker in the Zendesk Agent Workspace provides 14 distinct, accessible colors to choose from for ticket comments.
With this feature, you can:
- Pick the color of the text before or while you write a response to your customers.
- Change the color of the text by highlighting the text and picking the desired color.
- Apply rich text formatting to colored text or change the color of formatted text.
- Copy colored text and retain the colors when pasting it into a ticket from another source. Copy and paste will work even if the copied color is not provided in the color picker. Actively supported sources include: Google Docs, MS Word, Gmail, One Note, and Google Sheets.
For instructions on how to use the color picker, see the Help Center article.
Starting Nov 10, 2021, you can provide feedback on the color picker by posting a comment on our Community site. We'd love to get your thoughts about this feature.
How will this effect me?
You can use color in ticket comments to:
- Highlight important issues in tickets.
- Make your tickets comments more readable for users who have accessibility issues.
- Distinguish between different types of comments to spot issues easily.
For example, you might want to use a special color for messages from your triage team or a special color to show actions the customer needs to take.
What do I need to do?
You don't need to do anything if you have the Zendesk Agent Workspace enabled. This feature will be automatically activated in your account.
Currently, color text is not supported in the Macros editor.