August 11, 2021
November 1, 2021
We are removing the Zendesk Message integration for standalone Chat and multiproduct customers effective November 1, 2021. Zendesk Message was removed for Suite customers in 2020. The good news is that you can continue using Facebook Messenger and/or LINE through Social Messaging in the Agent Workspace.
Why is Zendesk making this change?
We know how important it is to connect with customers using the messaging apps they prefer. That’s why we’ve expanded our social messaging capabilities and built integrations with popular messaging apps – including Facebook Messenger and LINE. To provide the best experience with these apps, we’re consolidating the capabilities of Zendesk Message into Social Messaging in the Agent Workspace, where you can manage all of your conversations from a simple, unified interface.
What happens after the integration is removed ?
- After November 1, the functionality to serve new conversations from message.zopim.com will no longer be available, and the Active tab in the left navigation bar will be removed.
As a result, agents and admins will no longer be able to initiate new conversations, all the conversations in Active tab will no longer be accessible.
- Customers will still be able to access historical data (such as conversations in the Done tab and analytics of past conversations) for another three months.
- After February 1, 2022 (target), full product access to message.zopim.com will be removed, along with the Chat dashboard and all related data.
What do you need to do?
To ensure continued functionality and take advantage of this new messaging offering, please refer to the resources below for detailed next steps.
- If you are a customer with a Support account and access to the Social Messaging add-on, you will need to migrate to Social Messaging in the Agent Workspace.
- If you are a customer with a Zendesk Chat standalone account or a Chat + Support account without the Social Messaging add-on, you will first need to migrate to the Zendesk Suite and then adopt Social Messaging in the Agent Workspace.