How to upgrade from legacy Chat to messaging? How to use the new widget instead of legacy Chat? Can I upgrade my legacy chat account myself? How do I upgrade my Legacy Chat account to the new version?
All new trial accounts will have messaging enabled and Agent Workspaces activated.
Older accounts with legacy experiences may need to make updates to chat phases, plans, and settings to meet the requirements of migrating to messaging.
Make sure your account is on the appropriate Chat Phase.
- Check your Chat Phase. Many account owners can ask Z Bot when logged into their account.
- Your account needs to be migrated to Chat Phase 4 to use messaging.
If your account is on Chat Phase 4 you can skip this section and move onto the next. Otherwise, initiate the migration based on your account state below:
- Legacy Chat + Support account
- Legacy Chat standalone (Paid Plans)
- Legacy Chat standalone (Lite Plans)
- All other accounts will need to request migration assistance from their account representative by contacting Zendesk Customer Support to initiate the process.
The final part of this step is to schedule your migration date.
Prepare for the migration while you await your migration date and then complete the process below.
- All accounts will need to prepare to upgrade your live chat account to Chat Phase 4.
- Next you will migrate from Legacy Chat + Support to Chat Phase 4.
Now that your account is on the appropriate version, you want to be on a plan that includes messaging.
- Check your Chat plan type.
- To enable messaging, you must have an account with Zendesk Suite plan or Support + Chat (Team plan or higher).
- Upgrade your account to the required plan yourself or contact your account representative for assistance.
First, make sure you've enabled Agent Workspaces.
Finally, turn on messaging.
- Learn about messaging.
- Migrate from live chat to messaging.
- Enable messaging on your account.
- Create a messaging Web Widget to offer messaging functionality to your customers.
See the video for a guided walkthrough of turning on messaging in your account:
For more information, see these articles:
Please sign in to leave a comment.