This article covers the following topics:
Activating your WhatsApp for Sell app
During the activation process, a special service user account (WhatsApp for Sell Integration User), is created in Sell. This account is not visible in the User Hierarchy and cannot be deleted.
By default, this user account will own leads that have been created via WhatsApp for Sell.
Configuring the default settings
You must be an admin to configure the WhatsApp for Sell default settings.
To configure the settings
- In Sell, click on the WhatsApp for Sell () icon.
- Click the Settings icon ().
- Choose the default settings for leads that will be created via WhatsApp for Sell.
- Assign Owner - select the Lead Owner for leads created by the app. The Owner can be a Sell Distribution.
- Assign Source - select the Lead Source for leads created by the app.
- Assign Status - select the default Lead Status for leads created by the app.
Advertising your WhatsApp phone number
When you have successfully activated your WhatsApp business number and installed the app in Sell, advertise your phone number so clients can get in touch. Be sure to follow WhatsApp guidelines and get Opt-in for WhatsApp.
Troubleshooting WhatsApp for Sell
To work with the WhatsApp for Sell app in Safari, or Chrome’s incognito mode, you must disable the Prevent cross-site tracking option.
To disable the prevent cross-site tracking option in Safari
- In Safari, open the menu on the left of the menu bar, and click Preferences. Alternatively, use the shortcut by pressing (⌘).
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Deselect the Prevent cross-site tracking check box.
- Close the Preferences window.
To disable the prevent cross-site tracking option in Chrome
- In Chrome, go to the top right corner, click the More menu () icon, then click Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, click Cookies and other site data.
- Select Allow all cookies.