This recipe shows you how to report on the average first reply time in minutes for tickets solved each day of the previous week.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Duration between events - Calendar hours (min) > First reply time (min), then click Apply.
- Click the metric you just added, select AVG as the aggregator of this metric, then click Apply (see Changing the metric aggregator).
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Assignee > Assignee name, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket solved > Ticket solved - Week of year, then click Apply.
- Click the filter you just added followed, then click Edit date ranges.
- On the Date range page, select Last week, then click Apply.
This query looks at the date the ticket was solved, but you can use any other date event.
You can now change the chart type to something that suits better your data (see Visualization types reference). A column chart works well.