I want to have the Web Widget on my Help Center and offer special VIP customers an option to chat with my agents.
To offer chat support through the Web Widget to specific users, follow one of the methods described in this article.
Method 1: Use a hyperlink to navigate to the chat page directly
- Create a user segment that contains all your VIP users.
- In your Help Center, create a category, section, and article, and set the article permissions so that it is only visible to that particular user segment.
- In the Web Widget settings, disable the option for chat. Your VIP customers will see a link instead to access chat.
Follow the steps below to get a link that opens up the Chat window on a new tab.
- Generate a chat link. See the article: Can I create a direct link to a live chat popout window instead of using the widget?
- In the article, add a line that says Click here to chat.
Everyone else sees the Web Widget, but only your VIP customers can access the link to chat with you.
Method 2: Leverage the API to identify a user's organization and suppress chat
- Use the identify API to capture the user's organization.
- By using the suppress feature in the Web Widget API, use the captured organization name to either hide or show the widget.
For more information, see our developer documentation: Restrictions and Responsibilities.