When a user submits a support request through a web form on your help center, Answer Bot's Article Recommendations feature can immediately suggest up to three links to potentially relevant knowledge base articles.
This article discusses the following topics:
Understanding the end user experience
With Article Recommendations enabled on your web forms, when an end user makes a help request through your help center, they receive a list of suggested articles that may help them self-solve their issue. As soon as they submit their request, an automated pop-up window appears on screen:
In this window, the end user can:
- Preview the article. Expand the article section to view it in the pop-up window.
- Click the article title to view the complete article in your help center in a new tab. See below for more information on this option’s behavior.
- Click No, I need help if the suggested article did not help solve the problem, or click Yes, close my request if they were able to self-solve with the suggested article.
- View any videos embedded in the article.
- Close the pop-up window.
When the end user clicks the Open article link, the article opens in a new tab, along with a modal allowing them to perform a number of related actions:
While viewing the full article, a modal appears allowing them to perform a number of related actions, including:
- Clicking the support request number to view to their help request in a new tab.
- Clicking Yes, close my request to close the help request. If the end user clicks this button, they should not expect to receive any more communication about the request.
- Clicking No to open an optional feedback window, asking for more information about why the article didn't help. If the end user clicks this button, the ticket will be handled as usual.
Enabling and configuring Article Recommendations for web forms
To enable Article Recommendations in web forms
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Bots and automations > Article recommendations.
- Click the Web form tab.
- Toggle on Web form channel enabled.
This displays an expandable list of your brands and their related webforms.
- Use the toggles to determine which brands, and web forms, will use Answer Bot's Article Recommendations feature.
Testing Answer Bot results
You can use labels (as with email and triggers) to segment and refine the overall articles that Article Recommendations uses when searching for the correct articles, for each brand and form. Read about the best practice for using labels with Answer Bot.
To configure and test Answer Bot labels
- After enabling Article Recommendations for a web form, hover over the form name to display the Configure and test link.
- Click Configure and test to open the testing modal.
- Enter sample subject and description text to view the possible Article Recommendations for those terms.