Is using an email alias, distribution list, shared mailbox, or Google group as a support address supported?
Zendesk doesn't support the use of aliases, distribution lists, shared mailboxes, Google groups, or any non-standard email clients or services due to added complexities of routing and issues troubleshooting. For more information, see this comment on this article. Zendesk highly recommends the use of standard emails over these options to ensure the maximum deliverability of your emails.
However, you can still connect them if necessary.
To connect them
- Ensure your email forwarding is set up correctly.
- In Admin Center, select Channels in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Email.
- In the Support addresses section, select Add address > Connect other.
- Type the email address in the text field.
- Select the Yes, I have forwarded this address... checkbox.
- Click Next.
If you want to connect to a Google Group, see the article: How do I use Google Groups as a support address?