Is using an email alias, distribution list, shared mailbox, or Google group as a support address supported?
We do not support the use of aliases, distribution lists, shared mailboxes, Google groups, or any non-standard email clients/services at this time, due to added complexities of routing and issues troubleshooting. We highly recommend the use of standard emails over these options to ensure the maximum deliverability of your emails.
However, you still have an option to connect them if necessary.
To connect them, follow the steps below:
- Ensure your email forwarding is set up correctly.
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Email.
- In the Support addresses section, select Add address > Connect other.
- Type the email address in the text field.
- Select the Yes, I have forwarded this address... check box.
- Click Next.
If you want to connect to a Google Group, see the article: Using Google Groups as a support address.