The Agent Notification app enables specific Zendesk users to broadcast messages to some or all of your Zendesk agents. An administrator can specify what groups can broadcast messages from within the app.
Quickly let your team know about an outage or invite them out to lunch. Use the Agent Notification app to keep the company apprised of critical information in real-time.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
- Visit the Zendesk Marketplace at Admin Center > Apps and integrations > Zendesk Support apps > Marketplace and search for Notification App.
- Click Install.
- In the Installation section, you can enter a name for the Agent Notifications app, and enable group and role restrictions if needed.
- Click Install.
Using the App
To send a notification message
- Open the Agent Notification app by clicking on the bell icon in the top bar.
- Click New message.
- Write the message you want to broadcast.
- Select the group you want to message (leaving this value blank will send a message to all logged-in agents).
- Click Broadcast.
The app pops open and displays messages to all signed-in agents in real-time. Message history is stored in the app until they log out of Zendesk or the browser session is refreshed.
Zendesk administrators can select the groups permitted to broadcast messages by clicking the cogwheel icon and selecting the permitted groups.
Messages in the Agent Notification app support a subset of Markdown. URLs are also automatically detected and turned into links or images (but you can still use Markdown if you’d like). Markdown is supported for the following:
- level 3 headings
Version 2.3.0 - 2022-05-09
- Remove "pin notification" feature
Version 2.2.0 - 2021-07-30
- Convert paid features into the Free plan
Version 2.1.0 - 2021-01-11
- Added "Pinning" feature via the Basic Plan