Organizations are typically collections of your end users, but they can also include team members. The Organizations page in Zendesk Support provides a focused place to see, create, and manage your organizations.
You must be an admin or an agent in a custom role with permissions to access the Organizations page.
Accessing the Organizations page
The Organizations page is in Support.
- In Support, click the Organizations icon () in the sidebar.
About the Organizations page
The Organizations page provides a list of all of your organizations. You can create new organizations as well as view and manage existing organizations. Use the search bar at the top of the page to search the list of organizations by name. If you have a lot of data to import, you can perform a bulk import from this page.
Controlling access to the Organizations page
The Organizations page is enabled by default, but can be disabled by an admin if you're not using organizations to manage your users. When the page is disabled, the Organizations icon is hidden from the Support sidebar for all team members (agents and admins). End users cannot access the Organizations page.
- In Admin Center, click Workspaces in the sidebar, then select Agent tools > Agent interface.
- Click the Enable Organizations list checkbox to enable or disable the page.
- Click Save.
If you don't see the Organizations icon appear in the Support sidebar after re-enabling it, try refreshing the page.
If you’re using custom roles (Suite Enterprise and Enterprise Plus plans), you can, in addition to the account-wide setting, use the following procedure to control access to the Organizations page for individual agents:
To give access to the Organizations page when it’s disabled (Suite Enterprise and Enterprise Plus plans)
- Enable access to the Organizations page using the procedure in this section.
- Create a new custom role or edit an existing custom role, then
configure the following settings in the People section:
- Select Add, edit, and delete for all end users
- Enable Can add or modify groups & organizations
- Assign the agents who need access to the Organizations page to the custom role.