As described in Connecting your Microsoft Exchange calendar with Sell, you can add an external Office 365 (Exchange) calendar to manage your calendar appointments in Sell. Using the Office 365 integration that is available in Sell, you can also sync your Office 365 contacts.
To sync your Office 365 contacts with Sell
- Click Settings (), then click Integrations > Integrations.
- Scroll down the list of integrations to Exchange, then click Enable.
- You’re prompted to sign in to your Exchange account.
Note: If your Exchange account is behind a firewall or does not have AutoDiscovery enabled, Sell will prompt you for additional server information.
- When you are signed in to your Exchange account, select the categories that you would like to sync into Sell. They will be imported as contacts into your Sell account. Sell also automatically creates categories in Exchange to store any contacts already in Sell that were not also found in Exchange.
Note: If you don’t see the option to sync categories, this is because you have not set up contact categories in Exchange.
The integration set up is now complete and you’ll see the following new contact categories in your Exchange account:
- Base Person - Your people contacts
- Base Company - Your company contacts
- Base Current Prospect - Contacts with active deals
- Base Lost Prospect - Contacts with unqualified or lost deals
- Base Current Customer - Contacts with won deals and current customer status
- Base Past Customer - Contacts with past customer status
- Base Lead - All of your leads
Some other important notes about how contacts sync in this integration:
- Only private folders in Exchange are supported. Contacts in shared or global folders cannot sync to Sell.
- Your contacts sync both ways, from Exchange to Sell, and from Sell to Exchange.
- Deleted contacts are not synced, only existing and new contacts and contact updates. If you want to remove a contact from both Sell and Exchange, you must delete it in both places.
- All of the contacts in your Sell account that you have access to will be synced to Exchange. For example, if you’re a manager with access to all of your users' contacts, all of the contacts you see in Sell will be synced to Exchange.
- If you have duplicate contacts in Exchange, the duplicates will sync to Sell. Duplicate contacts can be merged in Sell (see Merging leads and contacts). However, the merging will not be reflected in Exchange. You will continue to see the duplicates in Exchange; Sell will only sync with one of them.
- Sell will attempt to identify and merge matching contacts during the sync. If a contact exists in both Sell and Exchange it will be merged. If there is conflicting data in a merged data field (such as an email address), Sell will retain the most recent data and create a new custom field to retain the overwritten data.