We’re excited to announce a new Discord integration will be released for general availability in late March 2021.
Since launching the original Discord integration for Early Access Program in 2018, we’ve listened to your feedback and we're really excited to announce improvements to make it easier for your users to interact with the integration and help provide a better customer support experience.
The Zendesk Bot allows you to offer efficient and effective support to your customers in Discord, enabling your users to stay in Discord and your agents in Zendesk. For example, if a user has an issue with their game or a Discord server and needs support, they can quickly get help using simple slash commands in Discord and through intuitive conversation with the Zendesk Support bot.
Tickets can now be raised and interacted with via a direct message, so your customers can keep their support requests private. The new integration now leverages ticket forms and integrates Answer Bot into the experience within Discord, so your customers can self-serve or add more information to a ticket before it is sent to your support team.
We've also made the integration more reliable and secure, which will continue to be an ongoing focus for the product.
This article contains the following sections:
- What are the features of the new Discord Integration?
- Is the Zendesk integration for Discord available to all Zendesk customers?
- How much does the new integration cost?
- I used the old Zendesk integration for Discord. How do I switch?
- Who is providing support for the Zendesk integration for Discord after the 22nd of March?
What are the features of the new Discord Integration?
The Discord integration has the following features:
- Simple installation - The new integration’s installation process is simple and can be completed in a few clicks. A single authentication to Zendesk Support is all that's required.
Direct messages with the Support Bot - Once a request is initiated, your users will interact with your support team via DM’s. None of your customer's private details & updates will be shared in your Discord channels.
Collecting email address - Our integration now collects the user's email address when raising a support request. This allows the user to be identified within Zendesk, so your agents have better context of who raised the ticket.
- Ticket Forms - You can now leverage ticket forms within the Discord conversation to gather the necessary information upfront, allowing your teams to understand and provide a more personalized support experience to your users.
- Answer Bot - Answer Bot can now be turned on to help resolve questions by automatically providing users with article suggestions from your Guide knowledge base.
- Improved slash commands - Customers and admins can now view all the available commands and settings for the bot within Discord, so you can quickly and easily interact with the bot.
Is the Zendesk integration for Discord available to all Zendesk customers?
The new Zendesk integration for Discord available on the following plan types:
- Suite Team customers can use the Discord integration. This plan includes Answer Bot, so you can also use Answer Bot with the Discord integration on this plan.
- Support Team customers can use the Discord integration. The plan does not include Answer Bot, so if you want to use Answer Bot with the Discord integration, you'll also need any Guide plan + the Answer Bot add-on.
Resolutions from Discord will not count against the Answer Bot subscription limit.
How much does the new integration cost?
The new integration is free for all Zendesk customers on an eligible subscription.
I used the old Zendesk integration for Discord. How do I switch?
The new integration will be automatically updated in late March, 2021. No action is required by customers to upgrade to the new integration.
Who is providing support for the Zendesk integration for Discord after March?
The integration has been developed in partnership with 729 Solutions. Once the new integration is launched in March, the product will be supported and maintained by the team at 729 Solutions.
The new integration was developed in close collaboration between 729 Solutions, Zendesk and Discord, and will continue to be invested in by Zendesk.