|September 28, 2021||Sept 28, 2021|
Zendesk is excited to announce the Zendesk Integration Services (ZIS) developer release.
ZIS is a set of API-based services that streamlines building integrations between Zendesk and other systems. It takes care of common integration needs like:
- executing business logic and orchestrating API calls, in response to data change events
- securely managing connections to other systems to authenticate those calls
- storing integration metadata like customer settings and relationships between objects
This release enables developers to use ZIS to build private integrations for use on your own Zendesk account. Zendesk Professional Services can help you develop solutions for your integration needs using ZIS.
Why is Zendesk doing this?
ZIS gives you an alternative way to solve straightforward integration problems, instead of having to use separate iPaaS products, or building and hosting your own integration middleware.
ZIS’s event-driven flows can be used to create integrations for use cases like:
- synchronizing data between Zendesk and external systems
- invoking workflows in external systems, in response to Zendesk events
- automating processes within Zendesk Support, or between Support and other Zendesk products
How do I get started with ZIS?
You can learn more about using the ZIS APIs to build integrations in our developer documentation.
If you would like to discuss your potential ZIS use case our Professional Services can help: please reach out to your account manager.
Customers on the following plans can build and run integrations built on ZIS:
- Suite Growth, Professional, and Enterprise
- Support Professional and Enterprise
Frequently asked questions
See our ZIS FAQs page for answers to common questions about ZIS.