The Attachment Manager app allows you to manage ticket attachments. It combines the former Attachment Library, Attachment Restriction, Attachment Tagger (formerly Attachment Finder), and the Redact Attachments app into one sidebar experience. An agent can open and close these features using an accordion-style interface.
This article contains the following topics:
- Installing the app
- Using the app
Installing the app
The Attachment Manager app is installed from the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install the app
- In Admin Center, click the Apps and integrations icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Zendesk Support apps.
- Click Marketplace at the top of the page and then enter "Attachment Manager" in the Marketplace search bar. Or, simply follow the marketplace link above.
- Double-click on the Attachment Manager app icon, and click Install.
- In the installation section, enter a name for the app.
- Enter the tags to be added to existing tickets and new tickets with attachments.
- Specify any whitelist or blacklist options for allowing or blocking file extensions.
- Enable group and role restrictions if required.
- Click Install.
The app settings can be changed after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage, and under the Currently installed tab, click the Attachment Manager app dropdown options, and select Change settings.
Using the app
The Attachment Manager app is accessed in the app sidebar when viewing tickets in Support. It contains three features: All attachments, Restricted attachments, and Library.
Redacting ticket attachments
The first item in the accordion list is All attachments, which shows the number of attachments within the current ticket.
To redact ticket attachments
- Open the accordion to view all attachments on the ticket.
- Check any of the attachments you would like to remove or click the checkmark to the left of Name if you would like to select all attachments.
- Click on the Redact attachments button.
- A pop-up confirmation window will appear to allow you to confirm your choice.
- Type in the confirmation text and click Redact.
Note: Attachments cannot be retrieved once they have been redacted and will be replaced in the interface with an empty text file named "redacted.txt."
Redacting restricted ticket attachments
The second item in the app accordion list is Restricted attachments, which shows the number of invalid attachments.
To redact restricted ticket attachments
- Open the accordion to view all attachments on the ticket that violate any whitelist or blacklist rules that were specified in the app settings.
- Select the attachments you would like to remove, or select the checkmark to the left of Name if you would like to select all attachments.
- Click Redact attachments.
- A pop-up confirmation window appears to confirm your changes.
- Type confirmation text and click Redact.
Adding attachments to the attachment library
The third item in the app's accordion list is Library which allows you to manage attachments in the library. There are three tabs within this feature.
The first tab, Library, shows all attachments that are in the library.
To add attachments from the library into the current ticket
- Click on the attachments in the app to highlight them.
- Click Embed image to embed the image in the ticket, Embed link to embed a link to the attachment, or Remove to remove the item from the library.
The second tab, Ticket, shows all attachments on the current ticket.
To add attachments from the ticket into the library or into another place in the same ticket
- To add an attachment from this ticket to the current comment, click on the attachment and then click on Embed image to embed the image or Embed link to embed a link to the attachment.
- To add the attachment to the library, click Add to library.
The third tab, External, allows you to add attachments to the library from an external web page.
To add external files to the library
- To add an attachment from an external web page to the library, enter the full URL of the image into the External file URL field. The URL must contain a secure protocol "https://".
- Enter a name for the attachment.
- If the item is an image, select the File type to Image toggle.
- Cick Add to library.