You can create automated task actions to streamline your workflow. For example, you can automatically create a standard workflow task for Sell users whenever a new lead, contact, or deal is added.
You need Sell admin rights to create automated task actions.
To create an automated task action
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Business Rules > Automated actions.
- Click Build your first action.
- Select the trigger event for the new action.
- Click Continue to Event Actions.
- Define your automated action, that is, what happens when the trigger event occurs.
You can create a single or multiple tasks. In this example, when a deal is created an owner is assigned. To create another task for this action, click Create task.
When you create an automated action for a deal, you can also update a custom field. To update an existing custom field, click Update custom field and select the custom field from the drop down list and then enter the custom field value.
- When you’re done, click Activate Automated Action.
Your automated task actions are listed on the Automated Actions page, where you can edit or delete them.
Automate your task actions with task player (2:14)