The Zendesk Chat app lets agents who offer customer assistance through both Zendesk Support and Chat to serves chats in a chat window without leaving the Support UI.
This article includes the following topics:
You can also watch this video below for an introduction to using Zendesk Chat in Support:
Installing and configuring the Chat app
The Zendesk Chat app is available through the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install the Chat app
- Go to the Zendesk Chat app page in the Zendesk Marketplace.
- Click the Install button at the top of the page.
- Enter your account information and click the Sign in button.
- On the installation page, configure the following:
- Title: Enter a name for the app. The default is Zendesk Chat.
- Sign in on load: Automatically sign agents in to the Chat app when they sign in to Support.
- Enable role restrictions?: Restrict access to the app to agents in specified roles.
- Enable group restrictions?: Restrict access to the app to agents in specified groups.
- Click Install. If you are new to Chat, an introductory walkthrough appears when installation is complete; otherwise, the Chat dashboard opens.
If you need to reconfigure the app settings, or uninstall the app, you an access it from your My Apps management page in Zendesk Support.
Using the Chat app
When the Chat app is installed, you can open a chat window from the top toolbar in your Support agent interface.
If you have no active chats, an empty chat window appears. From the left-side column, you can perform the following tasks. Click the links below for more information:
If you have an open chat, or if you click the button to serve a chat request, the chat window opens with controls for you to assist the customer:
From here, you can chat with a customer and perform all visitor-related tasks as if you were in your Chat dashboard. See Serving chats in the Chat dashboard for details.