Zendesk removed Zendesk Message for all customers on November 1, 2021.
In order to continue using Facebook Messenger and/or LINE, you will need to adopt Social Messaging in the Agent Workspace. The new Zendesk Suite offering is the best path for doing so.
Zendesk Suite puts all of your customer support interactions in one place, so communication is seamless, personal, and efficient - which means more productive agents and satisfied customers. When used with Social Messaging, you can integrate popular social messaging apps in the Agent Workspace and manage all of your conversations from a simple, unified, and familiar interface.
You can start a free 14-day trial of Zendesk Suite to familiarize yourself with the new functionality, then purchase the plan that fits your needs.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of moving from a Chat standalone or Chat + Support account to Zendesk Suite and the Agent Workspace.
- Self-service customers should complete the procedures described here in the order in which they’re presented.
- Sales-assisted customers should reach out to their account executive for assistance migrating to Zendesk Suite.
This article includes the following topics:
Preparing for migration
There are a few simple tasks you should perform before installing Zendesk Suite, to make sure the transition to Social Messaging is as seamless as possible. These tasks include:
Disabling Message elements
First, an account administrator will need to disable or remove the following Message-related elements:
To disable Facebook or LINE responders
- In Zendesk Message, click the Settings icon, then select Facebook or Line.
- Select a profile, and click the Responders tab.
- Toggle off the Idle and Automatic responders.
To remove the sharing URLs for Facebook
- In Facebook, locate the URL you’ve included to connect your customers to Zendesk Message.
- Delete the URL according to Facebook’s process.
To disable chat bot handover
- In Zendesk Message, click the Settings icon, then select Facebook.
- Select a profile, and click the Integration tab.
- Toggle off the chat bot handover.
Exporting your data
Next, you should export any Message, Chat, or Support data you’ll want to use in your new Suite account. Exporting your data to CSV files is fairly simple, and should not result in data loss.
To export your Message data
- In Zendesk Message, click the Analytics icon.
- At the top of the page, click Export, and follow the prompts.
To export your Chat data
- From your live chat dashboard, select History.
- Select the chat transcripts you want to export:
- To select all chats on the first page, click the box at the top of the first column.
- To select all chats from the last 90 days, click the box at the top of the first column, then click Select all chats in History.
- To select specific chats, click the selection box next to the chat.
- Click the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Export chat details.
- Enter email addresses to send the CSV file to in the window that appears. Note that you can only export chat details to agents in the same account. The Recipients field is case sensitive so the email entered must exactly match the one listed on the agent's Chat profile.
- Click Send. The CSV file will be emailed to the addresses entered.
To export your Support data
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon (), then select Manage > Reports.
- If necessary, click the Export tab to display data export options. Some legacy versions of Zendesk show export options on a separate tab.
- For CSV export, click Request file.
You’ll receive an email notification with a link to download the compressed file containing the report. The download link is valid for at least three days.
See Exporting data to a JSON, CSV, or XML file for more information, if needed.
Creating a Zendesk Suite account
Once you’ve prepared your existing account, you can move over to Zendesk Suite. Before purchasing Zendesk Suite, you’ll need to sign up for a trial that gives you 14 days to use the Zendesk Suite Professional plan for free. You can use the trial period to set up and test your settings, get to know the new functionality, and prepare your agents for their new experience, while leaving your existing account intact. At any time during the 14-day trial period, you can choose to purchase the Suite plan that is right for you.
To sign up for a Zendesk Suite trial
- Go to zendesk.com/suite, and click Start your free trial.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create your account.
- Verify your account by responding to the welcome email you receive shortly after account creation.
- Follow the onboarding instructions to complete a simple configuration of your account. See Introducing Zendesk Suite onboarding tasks to assist you during the setup process.
We recommend taking advantage of the resources Zendesk offers to learn about the Suite, including:
Launching and configuring your account
Now that you have a Suite account and basic setup, you can begin configuring your account to meet your agents’ and customers’ needs.
The Launch guide for Zendesk Suite walks you through the administrator tasks necessary to get your Suite account up and running. You may not need to perform all of the tasks described in that article.
Evaluating your Zendesk Suite trial provides you with the tasks and tests you can use to see how your configurations meet your needs. These tasks are organized by product (Support, Chat, and so on), so you can focus on the features you plan to use.
Finally, move your social messaging channels to the new workspace. The articles below include migration steps for multiple social messaging channels; not all of the information may apply to you.
Training your team
Zendesk offers a number of resources to help you and your team become familiar with the new Suite environment, including Admin Center and Agent Workspace.
Purchasing Zendesk Suite
After you've evaluated your Zendesk Suite account – and before the 14-day trial ends – you can purchase the Suite plan that's right for you.
- In Zendesk Support, click the Home icon.
- At the top-right corner of the page, click Buy Zendesk.
- Under Zendesk Suite, click See plans to get a detailed description of each plan, then select the plan you want to buy. You can buy the plan you used during the trial, or pick another plan.
- At the bottom of the page, enter the number of agents to include in the plan and select your billing cycle. You can pay annually for a substantial discount or monthly if you prefer.
- Click Next.
- Enter your payment information. If applicable, click Apply a promo code and enter the code.
You’re all set! Enjoy your new Zendesk experience.