You can manage your knowledge base configuration in Guide settings. You must be a Guide admin to work with these features.
Accessing the Guide Settings page
Guide settings include options to manage your content, security, and integrations, and to deactivate your help center.
To configure your Guide settings
Managing your content settings
Use the content management section to manage and moderate your public content and configure notifications.
To manage your content
- Anonymous voting on articles (see Enabling users to vote on articles without signing in)
- Content moderation - sends new and edited knowledge base end-user content to a queue. You can set all content to be sent to the moderation queue, or specify certain words that will trigger the content being sent to the queue (see Moderating end-user content)
Set the default sorting order for comments - set this when a user is looking at requests in My Requests. The options are:
- Sort by oldest comment to newest
- Sort by newest comment to oldest
- User profiles can be public or private (see Enabling and disabling help center profiles)
Working with security settings
Use the security section to manage content processing and sign in settings.
To work with security settings
Working with requests settings
Use the requests section to let agents manage requests from their help center, and to set the default sorting order for comments when customers are viewing the requests.
To work with requests settings
You can configure the following requests options:
- Under Set the default sorting for comments in my requests, select the order in which you want to display comments for customers who are viewing a request. You can choose to sort comments from oldest to newest, or newest to oldest.
- Select Enable agents to manage requests from Help Center if you want to allow agents to submit requests and comment on them through the customer portal. See Enabling agents to access request forms.
Working with integrations settings
Use the integrations section to manage additional features that are available as help center add-ons.
To work with integrations
- Google Analytics - this includes Google Analytics tracking information for your help center (see Enabling Google Analytics)
- Chat - this option enables Zendesk Chat for your help center (see Enabling Chat)
- Powered by Zendesk logo - displays the Zendesk logo at the bottom of each help center page (see Hiding the Powered by Zendesk logo)
Deactivating your help center setting
Just as you can activate your help center, you can also deactivate your help center (see Deactivating your help center).