I'd like to force a ticket status to Closed. How can I go about that?
You can't manually close a ticket, or select Closed as a status within the ticket. This is because:
- Closed tickets can't be modified in any way
- Business rules may make changes upon or after a ticket solve.
- The Zendesk API may make changes upon or after a ticket solve.
As a workaround, use triggers to automatically close tickets based on certain conditions, for example, the presence of a particular custom field value or a particular tag. Below is an example workflow.
To create this workflow
- Create a new trigger.
- Under Meet ALL of the following conditions, add:
- Status category | Less than | Closed
Tags | Contains at least one of the following |
- Under Actions, add:
Remove tag |
- Status | Closed
- Remove tag |
closenowtag, consider creating a macro using Add tags
closenowas the Action as well. When applied from a ticket, the macro will add the tag and fire the trigger.
Finally, in accounts without custom ticket statuses enabled, use Status for the condition and action instead of Status category in the trigger recipe above.