This article describes the upgrade process to the new Shopify integration. The upgrade process will vary depending on whether you are currently using the legacy integration for Support, Chat, Support and Chat, or the new Shopify integration in EAP.
You will need to have admin privileges in Zendesk and Shopify to manage the integration.
This article includes the following topics:
Legacy Shopify integration for Support or Support and Chat
- The legacy Shopify app installed in Support will be replaced with the new app
- Shopify data on the legacy integration will be migrated to the new integration
- Storefront connections will be visible in the Admin Center integrations interface
Legacy Shopify integration for Chat
If you are using the legacy Shopify integration only for Chat, we will soon provide in-product guidance to help you with the upgrade process. However, if you wish to upgrade now, you will need to set up the new integration and then uninstall the legacy Shopify for Chat app.
To manually upgrade to the new integration
- In Admin Center, set up the Shopify integration. For more information, see Setting up Sunshine profiles and events for Shopify in Support.
- In Chate, click the Settings icon () in the sidebar, then Account, and then select the Apps tab.
- Select the Shopify for Chat app.
- Click the options menu on the app, then select Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall App window, click Uninstall App.
There will be a three month grace period to upgrade to the new integration, after which, the legacy Chat app will be removed.
New Shopify integration EAP
If you are a participant in the new Shopify integration EAP, you’ll need to re-enable the sidebar app in Admin Center.
To re-enable the Shopify sidebar app
- In Admin Center, click the Apps and integrations icon () in the sidebar, then select Integrations > Integrations.
- In Shopify, click View.
- Under Your Connections, select the storefront and click Configure.
- Select Sidebar App in the left sidebar.
- In the Support app or Chat app card, select Configure.
- Select the Enable sidebar app checkbox.
- Click Save.