This article covers some general FAQs related to customer billing for Legacy versions of Zendesk Chat. If you are unsure what version of Chat you're using, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.
This article contains the following topics:
- Invoicing and downloading invoices
- Requesting invoices
- Using the billing contact list (receiving invoices)
- Handling credit card errors
- Account suspension
Invoicing and downloading invoices
How do I find an invoice?
All account owners are able to access their invoices through their Chat dashboard.
If you are the account owner and unable to find an invoice, please search for Chat service invoices in your registered billing email account or request it by contacting email@example.com and specifying month/year of the required invoice.
If you are unable to see account overview page, it means that you are not the owner of this account.
- Open your dashboard at https://dashboard.zopim.com, then go to Settings > Account, and click the Subscription tab.
- Click Account management.
Your invoices appear on the account management page.
How do I change the address on an invoice?
You can update your organization's information by visiting your Account management page.
- Go to http://account.zopim.com/ and click View invoices.
- Click the Invoices tab.
- Next to Sold-to address, click Change. Any information you change on this page will appear on all invoices moving forward, but will not update any invoices issued before the update.
I'm the account owner. How do I access invoices?
You can download all recent invoices by clicking the Invoice tab on http://account.zopim.com
I'm not the account owner. How do I access an invoice from someone else's account?
Please reach out to the account owner. They are the only ones who can access the invoices.
Using the billing contact list (receiving invoices)
How can I be added to the billing contact list?
If you are not the owner of the account, but would like to be added to the list of billing contacts on this account, please contact Zendesk Customer Support. Please CC the account owner in the same request, asking them to give permission to add you as a contact for receiving future invoices.
How can I be removed from the billing contact list?
If you would like to be removed from the list of billing contacts on your account, please contact Zendesk Customer Support. If you are not an account owner of the account, but would like for us to send a copy of the invoice, please contact the account owner.
I'm the account owner. How can I add someone to the billing contact list?
- Go to http://account.zopim.com/
- Click View invoices.
- Under Additional recipients, click Add new and fill in the details with the information for the new billing contact.
- Click Save.
Handling credit card errors
If you are experiencing issues with your credit card, please refer to the article Resolving issues when your credit card fails.
Why am I being charged $1 USD?
The $1 charge is the authorization process to hold we use to verify that your credit card is valid. It is voided by our payment system in few days and you will not be charged for that amount at all. We authorize credit cards to protect against fraud that may result from unauthorized payment card usage. Actual charges would happen later when your invoice is generated. If you would like to confirm that a specific item on your statement is a pre-authorization, you can contact your bank directly to verify more details about this authorization process.
How do I change my credit card information?
- If you are an account owner, and you want to change credit card details, go to http://account.zopim.com/change_plan
- Click the Payment tab.
- Locate Payment method on file then click Change.
If you are not an account owner, and you want to change credit card details, please contact the account owner. If the account owner is no longer available, contact Zendesk Customer Support for more info.
My payment was declined. Now what?
If your credit card failed, please make sure update it. Our payment gateway will automatically attempt to re-charge your account in the next batch.
If you have received an email saying that your payment has been declined, please make sure to have your payment method details are updated to prevent account suspension.
How soon will my account be suspended?
The following timeframe applies for past due payments:
- First email (Renewal Date): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent.
- Second email (Renewal Date +2 days): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent.
- Third email (Renewal Date +4 days): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent and account admins & owner will see pop up in the chat dashboard.
- Suspension warning (Renewal Date +21 days): the system fails to process a payment. An email will be sent warning of pending account suspension and all agents continue to see pop up in chat dashboard
- Account cancellation (Renewal Date + 29 days): no access to Zendesk portal. Please contact Zendesk Customer Support to submit request for temporary (limited access) account reactivation to allow your account owner to update that payment method.
90 days from suspension date, data is deleted and reactivation is not possible. Please refer to Zendesk's Data Deletion Policy.
How do I reactivate my account?
If your credit card failed, your account owner should login and update this. Once updated, our payment gateway will automatically attempt to re-charge your account in the next batch. Upon successful payment, a confirmation email will be sent to all listed billing contacts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.