|Announced||Release timeline||Release Status|
|May 19, 2021||June 28, 2021 -
July 19, 2021
Sometimes, you want certain agents to be available for high tier escalations or an important customer call while not being distracted by taking routine calls from the queue.
To address this need, we are delighted to announce that in the next few weeks, a new Transfers only agent state will be added to the existing agent states for all Zendesk Talk customers except customers on Talk Legacy and Lite plans which do not have call transfer functionality.
This new state can help you boost your team's efficiency by designing a better escalation process where specific agents can make themselves available to take only priority calls or escalations transferred by an agent.
Use this announcement to get a preview of the new experience and start planning how to incorporate it into your workflow.
What is the behavior of the new Transfers only state?
The key behaviors are highlighted below:
- A person in the Transfers only state can only be transferred a call from other agents. They can’t be directly routed a call from the queue and they will not be available for group transfers.
- An agent in the Transfers only state can make outbound calls.
- This new state will be available in the Talk dashboard for reporting purposes. See How can I report on the new Transfers only state?
- Additionally, the Transfers only state includes an improved agent call transfer search interface. See How will the agent experience change?
- More details about this new agent state will be released closer to the launch date. Click the Follow button in the upper right corner of this article to receive updates. You can also ask us questions and share feedback in the comments section at the end of this announcement.
How will the agent experience change?
The agent experience will change in the two areas highlighted below:
- Talk agent availability dropdown in the call console
Agents will see the new state represented by a blue ring followed by the name Transfers only as shown in the screenshot below:
- Agent call transfer search in the call console
- After the release, agents will now see an improved and more accessible user interface as shown in the screenshot below.
- The search list will be divided to highlight agents and end users separately.
Names of agents who are not available for transfers will be grayed-out
How can I report on the new Transfers only state?
Reporting on the Transfers only state will be similar to the reporting for other Talk agent states such as Online, Away and Offline.
- A new metric “Total Transfers only time” is added to the Talk dashboard providing the total amount of time an agent spent in this state and its averages.
You can also change an agent’s state from or to Transfers only from the Talk dashboard as shown in the screenshot below.
We also plan to include the new “Transfers only” state in the Zendesk Talk Availabilities and Stats API. See below for the changes:
Changes to the Availabilities API
API Call JSON Attribute updated/added Change Status Show availability & Update availability agent_state The agent's state. Allowed values are "online", "offline" or "away" or “transfers_only". Updated
Changes to Stats API
API Call JSON Attribute updated/added Change Status List agent activity agent_state The agent's state. Allowed values are "online", "offline" or "away" or “transfers_only" Updated List agent activity transfers_only_time Total time agent's status was set to “transfers_only" New List agent activity online_time Total time agent's status was set to "online" or "away" or “transfers_only" Updated Show agents overview (Talk Professional and above) average_transfers_only_time Average time agent's status was set to “transfers_only" New Show agents overview (Talk Professional and above) average_online_time Average time agent's status was set to "online" or "away" or “transfers_only" Update
- Changes to the Availabilities API
When will the new experience be available and how can I gain access?
Transfers only agent state will be released in a phased rollout starting June 28, 2021 till July 19, 2021. There is nothing required from your end to gain access or switch on the functionality, it will be available by default on your instance sometime during the rollout period.