When responding to a Google Play review, the character reply limit is 350 characters. If that limit is exceeded, Zendesk automatically truncates the message to 350 characters.
This article includes the following sections:
For general information on channels, see About Zendesk Support channels.
Installing the Zendesk Google Play integration
To use the Google Play integration, you'll need to install the app from the Zendesk Marketplace. When the installation is complete, the app is added to the My Apps section of your Zendesk Support apps page in Admin Center.
To install the Google Play integration
Setting up your Google Play app and account
After you have installed the Google Play integration, you'll need the following to connect it to Zendesk Support:
Once your app is published, you need to:
- Configure the app and your account
- Upload the JSON file provided
This section includes basic instructions on performing these tasks.
To configure your Google Play app
- Log in to the Google Play Publish page.
- Click Settings in the left sidebar, then click API Access.
- Click the Create new project button to enable your API and link it to the Google API console.
- Click the Create Service Account button, and follow the instructions using a JSON key type.
- When the JSON file is finished downloading, return to the Google Play publish page and click Done on the modal.
To configure your Service Account
- On the Google Play Publish page, click the Grant Access button in your new Service Account.
- Select the Reply to reviews permission for your app.
- Click the Add User button.
Completing your Google Play integration
Now that you have your Google Play app and account configured, return to your Zendesk Support admin page and finish configuring your integration.
To configure your Google Play integration
- In Admin Center, click Apps and integrations in the sidebar, then select Apps > Channel apps.
- Click the Google Play integration link.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click Add account.
- Give your account a name, and enter the app ID.
- Upload the JSON file downloaded when you created your Service Account.
- Click Save Changes.