Explore is the latest Zendesk analytics software. We are in the process of moving customers from Insights to Explore. This FAQ answers common questions you might have when you move to Explore.
If you have a question that's not covered here, please add it to the comments section at the end of this article.
This article contains the following topics:
- When is Insights going away?
- There are three plan levels for Explore. Which will I get?
Explore has three plan levels, Lite, Professional, and Enterprise. See Comparing Explore versions to learn about the differences between the plans. If you currently have Insights or have been migrated from Insights, you'll get Explore Professional free of charge.
If you moved from Insights to Explore, the free version of Explore you’ll get is known as Explore Professional (Legacy). This currently contains all of the features of Explore Professional.
- I already moved to Explore and am ready to deactivate Insights right now. What do I need to do?
Contact customer support and we’ll deactivate Insights for you.
- I purchased the Zendesk Suite. Which version of Explore do I have?
- Suite Team and Growth plans - Explore Lite
- Suite Professional plan - Explore Professional
- Suite Enterprise and Enterprise Plus plans - Explore Enterprise
- When I try to access Explore, I get a message saying I don’t have permissions and to contact the administrator. I am the administrator.
As an admin, you'll need to configure your user profile in Support Professional or use Support Enterprise custom roles to grant yourself access. Use the process in Activating Explore and configuring your access to do this.
- What will change when I move to Explore?
After you move to Explore, the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs are removed from the built-in reporting page. You can use Explore pre-built dashboards for those reports. The Knowledge Base and Search tabs (for Guide), Community tab (for Gather), and Talk tab (if Talk is enabled) are not powered by Insights and won't be removed. You’ll also no longer see the Insights or Gooddata (which powers Insights) options on the reporting page. The shaded areas on the screenshot below indicate the options that will be removed.
- I've read the Comparing Explore versions article and it looks like there are a few areas where Explore doesn't have feature parity with Insights. Are you planning to address this?
Yes! We are working hard to add new features to Explore all the time to give you the best reporting experience possible. Follow our announcements section to keep up to date with new releases.
- What are my options for moving my existing Insights reports to Explore?
You have three options:
- Use our self-paced migration resources to help you move your reports
- Have our professional services team migrate you to Explore and manage your migration process from end to end
- If you work with an Implementation Partner, reach out to discuss options and any potential offerings from their services team
- I activated Explore and now some tabs are missing from the built-in reporting page. What happened?
After you move to Explore, the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs are removed from the built-in reporting page. You can use Explore pre-built dashboards for those reports. The Knowledge Base and Search tabs (for Guide), and the Community tab (for Gather) are not powered by Insights and won't be removed.