Side conversations are spaces in a ticket where agents can have a separate conversation with a specific group of people, or discuss a specific area of concern or course of action. Side conversations are stored separately from the main ticket thread and can include users who don't have account access. You can use them to organize information about a ticket. See About side conversations.
Admins can enable and disable side conversations. They're disabled by default.
Side conversations are only available in Zendesk Suite. They're not available in Support.
To enable and disable side conversations
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Tickets > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Side conversations section.
- Select Enable email to make side conversations available from email.
For information about using side conversations with email, see Using side conversations in tickets.
- If required, select Enable Slack to make side conversations available from
To use side conversations with Slack, you must also have the latest version of the Slack for Zendesk Support app. For information about using side conversations with Slack, see Using Slack in side conversations.
- If required, select Enable child tickets. This enables agents to create side conversation child tickets and assign them to a specific agent or group. For more information, see Using side conversation child tickets.
When side conversations are enabled, they're available for all agents to use. On Enterprise plans, you can control access to side conversations by creating a custom role.
We recommend setting up trigger conditions for side conversations in order to fully integrate them into your workflows and to keep agents on top of the activity within them. For more information about why it’s a good idea to use trigger conditions with side conversations, see Setting up trigger conditions for side conversations.