If you are moving from Insights to Explore, once you've got everything you need up and running in Explore, it’s time for some change management.
Start by hosting a kick-off with your broader team of stakeholders to educate them on the reporting changes and get them to start using Explore and stop using Insights. It’s important to clearly outline how they will access their reports going forward.
Despite training your team and preparing them to use Explore, you may notice that old habits are hard to break and that some folks may still leverage Insights for reporting. Here are a few tactics to get your team to use Explore in place of Insights:
- Make sure you've given Explore access to the agents that need it and configured appropriate permissions to datasets.
- As you begin to schedule reports in Explore, make sure to cancel the existing schedule in Insights.
- Gradually begin to deprecate old Insights reports and remove them from your instance.
- Remove access to Insights for those that no longer need it.
- Continue with training stakeholders and informing them of the benefits of using Explore.
Take me back to the start of the migration workflow
Getting more help
By now, you'll have a good idea of how Explore works and will have started migrating your reports. If you have any problems, there are a lot of resources you can use to help.
- Documentation: To see all of the Explore documentation, including topics not covered in this guide, see Zendesk Explore resources.
- Moving to Explore resources: For further resources to help you during your upgrade to Explore, see Upgrading from Insights. For common questions, see Frequently asked questions for moving from Insights to Explore.
- Advice and troubleshooting: The Explore advice and troubleshooting pages contain lots of information that can help you if something goes wrong.
- FAQs: These frequently asked questions articles can help with many of your general questions:
- Glossary: As you learn Explore, if you wonder what any term means, check out our glossary.
- Community: Join the Explore team and your industry peers in the community! In the Explore community, you can ask questions, share tips, and make suggestions for future product updates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.