We’re excited to announce a new Sunshine Conversations early access program (EAP) for group messaging. With the Multiparty Conversations EAP, we are unlocking a multitude of new messaging use cases for marketplaces, online communities, internal teams for collaboration, and more that let you bring everyone into a single conversation.
Sunshine Conversations is our new messaging platform that lets you unify messages from every channel and build interactive experiences for conversational business.
So what’s the big deal with multiparty conversations?
Today’s customer relationships are complex
In today’s world, customer relationships are much more complicated. What used to be a 1-1 relationship between a customer and a business providing goods and services has been fundamentally transformed by online marketplaces and the gig economy.
Today’s relationships are multi-sided and business transactions often involve multiple entities who need to communicate to coordinate. Think of the last time you ordered food through a delivery service such as UberEats or booked a place to stay for the weekend through AirBnb. To make both transactions successful, several parties needed to communicate to complete each business transaction. Multi-party Conversations allow you to build these kinds of seamless messaging experiences for your customers, internal teams, external partners, and beyond.
Connect multiple users into a single conversation
Multi-Party Conversations represents a major leap forward for the Sunshine Conversations platform. With this EAP, you get a brand new version of the Sunshine Conversations APIs that make it possible to facilitate more complex self-service conversations between multiple people to help scale customer experiences. For example, having rideshare drivers and riders chatting on their own or a conversation between a delivery person and a customer.
This unlocks many exciting new messaging use cases such as:
- Multi-sided conversations, allowing for more sophisticated conversations between multiple parties inside and outside your organization. This also allows you to loop in customer support with full context to streamline resolutions.
- Group conversations and communities, which helps you facilitate conversations between a group of users to drive real-time engagement and deliver more specialized customer experiences.
- Internal messaging and collaboration, making it easy for internal teams to collaborate for schedule management, logistics coordination, and real time support for issues that involve more than one department.
- Conversation monitoring, where you can passively listen in to conversations as a third party to power analytics, detect fraud and misuse, enable real-time auditing, and loop in support at the right time.
- Multi-Conversations, allowing you to engage in multiple conversations with a single customer separated by department, topic, or business event
Getting started with Multiparty Conversations
For more information on the new Multiparty Conversations EAP, check out the following resources: