In this recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that shows the number of times tickets were assigned from one group to another. For example, you could report how many tickets are being escalated from the Support group to the Sales group.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
To create the report
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Updates history, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Now, create a Standard calculated metric to show when tickets move from one group to another. From the Calculations () menu, click Standard calculated metric.
- On the Standard calculated metric page, enter or paste the formula below into the Formula field. Add a title for the metric like Ticket assigns from Support to Sales.
Replace the IDs in the formula with the group IDs of the two groups you want to report about. To get the group IDs of your groups, make a GET request to subdomain.zendesk.com/api/v2/groups.json. Check out our documentation here for more information. In the example below, the first group ID would be for 'Support' as the previous group and the second group ID would be for 'Sales' as the new group the ticket is assigned to.
The completed metric will look like the screenshot below:
IF ([Changes - Field name] = "group_id" AND
[Changes - Previous value] = "36000000xxxx" AND
[Changes - New value] = "3600000xxxxx") THEN
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Calculated metrics > Ticket assigns from Support to Sales (the calculated metric you just created), then click Apply.
- Ensure the metric aggregator for Ticket assigns from Support to Sales is set to COUNT. For more information, see Choosing metric aggregators.
Next stepsIf you want to see the agents who are making the group update, you can add an attribute to show the agent's name.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Updater > Updater name, then click Apply.
- From the Result manipulation () page, click Metric filter.
- On the Metric filter page, set the metric filter so it only shows results greater than 0.
Your report is now complete. See the screenshot below for an example of how it might look.