I receive one of the error messages below when I send an outbound Text message.
- We couldn't deliver this message
- We couldn't send the message
When I review the message details in my Text history, the status of my message is either Undelivered or Failed:
Why are my SMS messages failing?
There are multiple reasons why an SMS message can fail. Some common reasons why SMS messages may be failing to send:
- The destination handset is unreachable.
- The destination phone number does not support Text.
- The SMS message exceeds the 160 character limit.
- The end user sent an opt-out code to one of your messages. For more information on opt-outs, see the article: About opt-out keywords for Zendesk Text.
- The limit of 500 daily, 1000 weekly, or 2,000 monthly per number has been reached for outbound SMS sent by US and Canada toll-free numbers.
If SMS messages are still failing to send or if you need your US/CA toll-free numbers verified, contact Zendesk Customer Support with the ticket ID where the SMS message failed.