Fastpath: Manage articles () > select articles > bulk actions menu
From an articles list, you can update one or more articles at once using the bulk actions options. For example, you can publish a batch of articles at once or add a labels to several articles.
You can make the following updates using bulk actions:
- Open or close an article for comments
- Archive or restore articles
- Delete articles
- Change author
- (Not available on Suite Team) Change user permissions
- (Not available on Suite Team) Change labels on articles
- (Enterprise plans only) Change the article owner
- (Enterprise plans only) Assign or unassign articles
- (Enterprise plans only) Submit articles for review
- (Enterprise plans only) Submit articles for approval
- (Enterprise plans only) Verify or unverify articles
- (Enterprise plans only) Schedule articles to be published or unpublished
- (Enterprise plans only) Publish or unpublish articles
To update articles in bulk
- In Guide, click the Manage articles () icon in the sidebar.
- Find the articles you want to update by browsing, searching, or using a new or existing articles list.
- Select one or more articles to update.
You can select a maximum of 30 articles at a time. To select 30 items at once, click the check box beside the number of results at the top.
- Click one of the bulk actions menus at the bottom, then select an option.
The available bulk actions depend on your plan.
- Click to confirm that you'd like to perform the action, or enter your update if
Some actions require an additional step:
- To assign an article, select a team member and enter a note, then click Assign.
- To change labels: select or deselect the labels you want to add or remove, or
enter a new label, then click Change.
For more information, see Updating article labels in bulk.
- To restore an article, select a section for the article, then click Restore.
- To schedule an article to be published or unpublished: select a date, time, and
time zone, then click Schedule.Note: You can select both check boxes to create a publish schedule and unpublish schedule in one action.
The action you choose is applied to all of the selected articles.
Hi team - is there any reason there is no mechanism to move articles in bulk? Or to merge two sections into one? I have inherited a Knowledge Base with a FAQ section and a 'How do I...?' section, which are really the same thing. I'd love to merge them.
I'm wondering if Find & Replace is available in Zendesk Guide? It doesn't look like it...
What I'm looking for is the ability to find and replace a work or phrase - for example, if I am renaming one of our products from "Chrome" to "Pita Browser", I want to be able to do that in bulk and not go one by one in 500 articles!!!
Any ideas why I can't bulk edit articles?
The button gets disabled when I select more than 1 arcticle...
Preben Edvardsen yes, I had the same problem. You can only make bulk changes when the source language of the articles is selected / filtered.
We want to delete a note from 1000+ articles. Do we have an option to do this in bulk? The note is the same across all the articles. Please suggest the best possible approach. Thanks!
Hello Saikumar ,
At this time, unfortunately, It does not look like this is an option as Updating knowledge base articles in bulk only allows certain things.
I encourage you to create a new post in the General Product Feedback topic in our community to engage with other users who have similar needs and discuss possible workarounds. Conversations with a high level of engagement ultimately get flagged for product managers to review when they go through roadmap planning.
Specific examples, details about impact, and how you currently handle things are helpful for our product teams to understand the full scope of the need when working on solutions. You may also want to review the Product feedback guidelines and how to write an effective feedback post [https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413820079386-Giving-Product-Feedback-at-Zendesk-].
When assigning articles in bulk, the assignee receives multiple separate emails. Is it possible to consolidate the notification emails into one email that contains links to all the articles?
As it turns out, we bulk article update does not have the capability to consolidate all emails. It will be sent individually for all emails assigned to a user.
I would like the option to bulk change the article's template.
It would also be nice if this bulk changing was available in Category and Section too.
That's definitely a helpful feature to have. Would you mind posting your use case to our Feedback on Guide topic? We have a template you can copy and use in your post. Thanks!
Would you be able to recommend a workaround that would enable me to get multiple articles reviewed efficiently without spamming the reviewer with multiple emails?
Please go in and vote and comment, so Zendesk implements this function!
Please sign in to leave a comment.