Sometimes, while you are taking a call, it can be useful to consult another person (a third-party). This person can be another agent, an end user, or any external number. You can put the caller on-hold while you speak to the third-party, or transfer the call to the third-party. Additionally, you can also invite the third-party into a conference call. A maximum of three callers can be involved in a conference call.
This article contains the following topics:
Adding a third-party to a conference call
You can add a third-party to the call anytime you are connected to an end user.
To add a third-party
- During a call, click the transfer button.
- Start typing the third-party's name or phone number. When you find the person
you want, click their name. The person you are calling can decline or accept
- Once you are connected to the third-party, you can consult before clicking one
of the following buttons:
- Add to call: Adds the third-party to the conference call. A private comment is added to the ticket noting that this is a conference call.
- Transfer: Transfers the call to the third-party. You leave the call.
- Cancel: Cancels the transfer and reconnects you to the end user.
- You, the end user, and the third-party can now talk. Once you are finished, see Ending a conference call.
Ending a conference call
When you've finished talking, you have the following options to end the call:
- The third-party leaves the call. You and the end user remain in the call. The ticket remains assigned to you.
- You leave the call by clicking Leave call. The third-party remains in the call and is assigned the call ticket.
- You end the call by clicking End for all. You, the third-party, and the end user are disconnected. The ticket remains assigned to you.
- The end user leaves the call. The call ends for everyone and the ticket remains assigned to the agent who initiated the conference call.
Reporting conference call activity
The Talk Professional dashboard contains the following information that helps you report conference call activity for each agent. In the Agent activity section of the dashboard, click more next to an agents name.
- Calls conferenced: Gives the average number of conference calls initiated, the number initiated by the selected agent, and the percentage difference between the two.
- Conferences accepted: Gives the average number of conference calls accepted, the number accepted by the selected agent, and the percentage difference between the two.
For more information about the dashboard, see Analyzing call activity with the Talk Professional dashboard.
These instructions do not work. When I try this, it simply puts the original caller on hold without including the third party
Once you have clicked the "Transfer Call" option, it should put the other line on hold. Then, you will have to type in the number you want to add to the call. Once connected, you should have the ability to transfer directly or add it to the existing call. If "Add to Call" is selected it will merge to the original caller and you are now in a conference call. You can try it again on your end. If you are certain that you have followed the steps and you have a different behavior, take a screen recording and contact support directly for us to further investigate.
This also does not work for my team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.