If you support multiple brands, a support email address is created for each brand you add. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the option to create additional support addresses for a brand.
Considerations when using multiple support addresses for a brand
- Your account has a single email template that cannot be modified by brand. If you want your email notifications to customers to vary based on the brand of the ticket, you can create multiple triggers to do this. For information see, Using the email template with multiple brands.
- If you create a Zendesk support address for a brand, you cannot change the brand that address is associated with. To change the brand for a Zendesk support address, you'll need to delete the address and recreate it. If you create an external support address, you can change the brand the address is associated with by clicking edit next to the external support address name. For more information see, Adding a Zendesk support address and Adding an external support address.
- Tickets created by agents will appear to customers as sent from the default support address of the brand that is associated with the ticket. For more information on changing the default address, see Setting a default support address.
- Even if an email is sent to more than one of your support addresses, only one ticket is created in Support. It won't result in one ticket for each of the support addresses that received it. Use side conversations and ticket transfers to share the ticket among brands.
Adding a support address for one of your brands
You can add more support addresses for your brand. For more information about support addresses, see Adding support addresses for users to submit tickets.
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Email.
- Beside the brand you want to create a support address for, click
Your support addresses are organized according by brand.
- Enter the Address and Name, then click
You can also select a different Brand here, if you need to.
I hope you can help me here please!
I have Brand A, B and C.
1. If I create a new ticket (on +Add new ticket) and even using a macro that sets the correct brand, for instance, A (this is also happening without selecting any macro).
2. The customer receives the e-mail with the help@brandB.com and if the customer replies, this reply is received again on brand A
3. Any reply with brand A is going with the correct format and help e-mail address.
4. Also I notice that when I create new tickets (on +Add new ticket) in the ticket field it shows "from Zendesk Support" where any other email shows as "Via help@brandA.com" for example.
I tried to be as clear as possible and I do hope someone could help me here.
Given the specificity of what you're seeing we'd like to review with you directly to best advise surrounding your workflow and the encountered behavior. I'll be opening a ticket on your behalf and reaching out to you there to facilitate this.
Beau | Customer Advocate | email@example.com
Ask our Zendesk Community
Is there a possibility to add the following in this Article:
"If you have multiple brands, it is better to create the brands first
Then set up the forwarding and then add the external email address to the corresponding brands.
Tickets will be assigned to the right brand and the agent will use the correct reply address.
This in contrary to setting up all email address to the main brand first and make the routing changes afterwards. We experiences some issues with the latter solution
Please sign in to leave a comment.