In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that breaks down how many tickets are being created in certain time periods. In this example, you'll be able to report on tickets created over three periods: 9am-5pm, 5pm-1am, and 1am-9am.
This article contains the following topics:
What you'll need
Skill level: Advanced
Time required: 25 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving users access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the Reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets and then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Now, create a custom group attribute to group the hours of ticket creation together. From the Calculations () menu, click Group.
- On the Group page, name the group Daily shifts.
- In the Computed from drop-down, choose Ticket created - Hour.
- Create three groups, one for each time period. To create a group, select the hours you want to add and click the plus (+) icon. You can use the arrows to add or remove values from the group. (See Organizing values by groups and sets for more information about setting up groups.)
- Day shift - 9am-5pm: Hours 9-16
- Night shift - 5pm-1am: Hours 17-0
- Early shift - 1am-9am: Hours 1-8
- In the blue drop-down field at the bottom, select Remove left values.
- Select the Sort attribute members like a time attribute checkbox.
- When you're finished, click Save.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, expand Calculated attributes, click your custom attribute Daily shifts, then click Apply.
- From the Visualization type () menu, choose Bar.
The report is complete. See the screenshot below for an example of how it will look.