When you add data to your report, the results are displayed in the original order of the defining attribute. The order is usually alphabetical, by date, or the specified order of an ordered set (see Creating sets).
This article contains the following sections:
Sorting results using result manipulation
You can edit how your results are sorted in the Sort section of the result manipulation menu (). The following are the available sorting options:
- Alphabetical: A-Z or Z-A.
- Numeric: Value ascending (low to high) or Value descending (high to low).
The Advanced option enables you to set the following parameters:
- Sort on metric selects a specific metric to sort by.
- In the order selects whether the metric is ordered by ascending or descending results.
- On calculates the sorting on Rows, Columns, or a selected attribute.
- Aggregate values sorts based on the total of results, not the first result. This option is useful for metrics that are split out over time.
- Sort totals includes totals/subtotals in the sort.
Sorting results in tables
When you generate your report as a table (see Working with tables), you can sort your results by clicking the table header of any metric you added to the report. Clicking the table header of a metric sorts in the following order:
- On the first click, the column is sorted in ascending order for that metric.
- On the second click, the column is sorted in descending order for that metric.
- On the third click, the column returns to the original sort order.