You can limit access to your help center in two ways:
- Restricting your entire help center to signed-in users only
You can prevent anonymous visitors from accessing your help center by requiring end-users to sign in. This is known as a restricted help center. Visitors will only see the sign-in page.
- Setting view permissions that restrict signed-in users to a user segment (this feature is not available on Suite Team)
You can define which of your help center users can have view access by setting the help center view permissions. The following options are available:
- Signed-in users This includes internal and external users who create an account and sign in to your help center.
- Agents and managers This option is for staff members only, so that you can create content that is internal-only.
- Custom user segment This option enables you to restrict viewing access to specific users based on tags, organizations, or groups by applying custom user segments (see Creating user segments to restrict access).
To restrict your help center visibility
- In Guide, click the Settings () icon in the sidebar.
- Under Security, select Require sign in.
- (Optional) If you want to restrict your help center visibility to a segment, under Require sign in, select Limit to user segment, then open the dropdown menu and select a User segment.
Note: Restricting visibility to a user segment is not available on Suite Team.
By default, the visibility of your help center is set to Signed in users.
- Click Update.