Tip: Messaging trigger access for Zendesk accounts is being moved from the Chat Dashboard to Admin Center in phases. If your messaging triggers do not appear in Admin Center as described in this article, see Chat triggers in Zendesk messaging. For more information on the move, see this announcement.
You can use a messaging trigger to create an automated out of office message, shown to your customers when your agents are offline.
Note: You can only create this out of office message if you have two or more agents enabled on your account.
To create an out of office message
- In Admin Center, click
Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Messaging
triggersNote: In some Zendesk accounts, this page is located in the Chat dashboard. Go to Chat > Settings > Triggers.
- Click Create trigger.
- Enter a name and brief description for your trigger.
- Click Activate this trigger.
- Customize the trigger as follows:
- Run trigger: When a customer requests a conversation
- Conditions: Match ALL of the following conditions
- Account status | equals | Offline
- Send message to customer | Responder | [message text, such as "Sorry, I’m offline"]
- Click Create.
The trigger defined above will run whenever a customer requests a chat in the Web Widget or mobile SDK for an offline account.