Private tickets are, for the most part, regular tickets with no public content—all comments are private comments, meaning they appear on the Internal only tab. When a private ticket is created for an end-user:
- The end-user is not notified that a ticket has been created on their behalf.
- Private tickets do not show up in the end-user's My Activities list, or in Help Center searches.
For information about using private tickets, see Creating a private ticket for an end-user.
Some triggers and automations send email when tickets are created. While private comments are never sent out in email notifications, some of these rules may still cause an email to be sent as part of a private ticket. You may want to take some time to prepare your business rules before starting to use this feature. For more information, see Adjusting your business rules to handle private tickets.
To enable or disable private ticket creation
- In Admin Center, click the Objects and rules icon () in the sidebar, then select Tickets > Settings.
- In the Comments section of the Settings tab, select or clear the Allow first comment on tickets to be private checkbox.
Note: This option only appears in accounts created before April 8, 2017.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save tab.
When private ticket creation is enabled, comments on new tickets created by an agent become private comments (internal notes) by default, as do all subsequent comments, until a public reply is made.
If new agent-created tickets do not default private comments, sign out of your account and then sign back in.