What you'll need
Skill level: Advanced
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Chat data in Zendesk
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Chat > Chat - Engagement, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Engagements > Engagements and Duration - Chat engagement (sec) > Engagement duration (sec), then click Apply.
- Click Engagement duration (sec) and change the metric to Size.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Chat engagement > Engagement department, then click Apply.
- From the Visualization type ( )menu, click Dot.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Displayed values. Then change Show value to Show.
The report is complete. See the screenshot below for an example of how it will look.
To make it easier to see the values of the average chat engagement duration for each department, you may wish to edit the datatips. Follow the steps below.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Datatips.
- Use the Select an element to add drop-down menu to add each of the elements in the report. Check out the example below:
Users viewing this report can then hover over each dot to see the average engagement duration per department.