What you'll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the custom metric in Explore
All merged tickets have the tag closed_by_merge. You can use that information to exclude tickets that were closed by merge by creating a standard calculated metric in your report. Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Explore, click the report () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Calculations panel of the report builder, select Standard calculated metric.
- Enter a name for your custom metric, for example, "Exclude closed by merge".
- Add the formula below and select Save after.
IF (NOT INCLUDES_ANY([Ticket tags], "closed_by_merge")) THEN [Ticket ID] ENDIF
- In the Metrics panel, click Add, expand the Calculated metrics folder, and select the metric you just created.
- Change the metric's aggregator to D_COUNT.
For more recipes on reporting with tags see this article: Reporting with tags.